Started by two professionals in 1998, Motseng has grown into a multi-faceted organisation employing almost 600 people. We initially specialised in the provision of soft services, but we have since diversified into the industrial, textile manufacturing and property sectors, amongst others.
Motseng is invested in a wide portfolio of listed and unlisted companies with key holdings in the property sector.
Our investments are targeted at, but not limited to: infrastructure, property-related, diversified industrials, transport, energy, services, manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services-related industries.
We seek to invest in high quality companies that have strong business franchises, attractive growth prospects, leading market position and the ability to generate superior returns.
With a historic focus on property, Motseng has diversified its offering by creating ten investee companies to provide comprehensive and professional service delivery.
Motseng is committed to transformation and empowerment thus executive management comprises of 100% Black South Africans.
Motseng Investment Holdings has enjoyed steady and continuous growth over the years yet it remains true to its vision: to continue providing exceptional management to property owners.
In HR, we’re responsible for optimising the success of Motseng Group of companies, through the effective management and deployment of our most valuable resource – our people.
We are involved in:
- • Providing organisational support and managing change
- • Leading projects in staff planning, compensation, and benchmarking
- • Designing and implementing performance management systems and driving performance culture throughout the group
- • Recruitment & Hiring
- • Learning & Development
- • Compensation & Benefits
- • Effectively manage communications with internal and external parties
- • Management of the overall Motseng brand to ensure optimum brand awareness
- • Co-ordinate projects and events for internal and external stakeholders relations
- • Management of communication tools
- • Marketing and sales
- • Development and implementation of communications strategy
- • Provide writing and editing support for all communications
- • Manage all design for the corporate identity, corporate stationary and generic promotional materials.
- • Wealth maximisation
- • Improved asset management
- • Compliance with legislation
- • Ongoing assessment of the financial position
- • Monitoring of key ratios
- • Departmental infrastructure
- • Communication and training
- • Accurate and reliable financial reporting
- • Developing and implementing a quality and safety management system that will enable the company to deliver improved service quality while working safely and efficiently
- • Coordinate Health and Safety training, legal appointments, site risk assessments and risk mitigating strategies.
- • Monitoring and evaluating health and safety management systems at sites
- • Develop documented procedures, work aids, work instructions, and facilitate training of these at the various sites
- • Implement and monitor corrective actions that arise from day to day activities, or from audits conducted
- • Facilitate and implement document control and record keeping at all sites thus ensuring the most recent documents are in use and all necessary documents are stored, easily to assess and legible
- • Manage the procurement process and supply base efficiently and effectively
- • Support operational requirements
- • Develop integrated purchasing strategies that support the organisational strategies, goals and objectives
- • Develop strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- • Contribute to profits by efficiently controlling the total cost to the operation
- • To secure optimal supplier performance
- • To make a meaningful contribution towards Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment by exceeding the BBBEE procurement targets
Corporate Social Responsibility
Motseng is committed to occupying an impactful role as a socially responsible corporate citizen. This commitment is rooted in a deep moral conviction and is driven by prudent business sustainability practice. In this context we have embraced a variety of socially responsible business practices which include a commitment to pro-actively invest in the social development need of the communities in which we operate.
Ever mindful of our ability to encourage and support others, Motseng has partnered with ‘Tomorrow Trust’ to enable promising students from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue tertiary education in fields relevant to Motseng’s endeavours.