Distell, a global business with roots in South Africa, produces and markets a diverse portfolio of award-winning alcoholic brands that have been crafted by extraordinary people across the world. Some of these brands include Amarula, Savanna, Hunter’s Dry, Bisquit, Durbanville Hills and Nederburg.
We craft distinctive alcoholic beverage brands, enhance memorable moments and inspire responsible enjoyment. The value we create enriches the lives of our people, shareholders and the communities within which we live and work.
We are a proud African alcoholic beverages company with heritage, global reach, world-class people and the ability to do extraordinary things!
We exist to provide unique moments of social enjoyment through the responsible marketing of well crafted ciders, wines and spirits.
Our values define who we are as individuals and as a company. They guide how we conduct our business and engage with stakeholders.
- • Customer and consumer focus – We are passionate about our customers and consumers.
- • Courage – We are enterprising and courageous in the way we tackle challenges and opportunities.
- • Responsibility – We take ownership of our words, actions and commitments.
- • Respect – We respect people’s views, attitudes and opinions.
- • Integrity – We act with integrity at all times.
- • Collaboration – We are one Distell team!
Our Key Strengths
- • Differentiated brand and product portfolio straddling all key occasions
- • Brands with rich provenance and authenticity
- • South Africa’s Winelands
- • Historic French cognac region
- • Wind-swept Scottish Isles
- • Portfolio ideally suited to intermediate premiumisation in developing markets
- • Strong balance sheet position
- • Impressive agricultural asset base with potential to unlock value
- • Organisational culture that thrives on innovation
- • A diverse pool of talented professionals
- • Dominant regional alcoholic beverage brand and RTM owner
- • #1 cider company globally
- • #2 alcoholic beverages company in South Africa
- • Leading regional alcoholic beverages player in Africa
- • Diversify geographic base and step-change growth
- • One or two other continents
- •Drive scale not possible through organic growth.